Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dear Happiness

Dear Happiness,
You are just too good to be true. Now that You are in my lyf I just do not know what to do or not to do.
My fear of enjoying You is exceeded by my lack of practice in being blessed by You. You make things so simple that I have trouble comprehending the simplicity.
You are everything I've dreamed of. Come true. In front of my eyes. You are not a myth. You are reality. Something beyond my comprehension. If I were to ever understand You in part I would still be as clueless as when I started.
Your love for me is as unbiased as inhumanly possible. Your forgiveness of my crudest of deeds leaves me in awe of Your magnanimity.
Are You actually for real...? What if, someday, You were to realise what an utter failure I actually am... that this facade is not even skin-deep...? Would You still profess those endearing words and everlasting promises? Would You still look at me with those naive yet wisest of eyes? I wonder how You would react to knowing what a spineless pessimist I actually am...
... Or used to be...? Because, I think, I might have changed. Something has snapped in me. The fear of the unknown has given birth to the knowledge of being Yours. Just Yours and Yours alone.
The catalyst being You. You make me want to fall in love over and and over again. With You.
Have You actually seen what You have done to me? You have taught me how to be brave in not just the big things but the little ones as well. You have shown me how easy it is to live. To love... You.
You prodded me into coming out of the cocoon I didn't even know existed.
I know I haven't made it easy for You, but, somehow, You have been there throught the worst with me. You have seen the tears flow unabated. You have watched me scream in pain. You have witnessed the cluelessness. You have borne the cruelty. The harshness. My harshness. My cruelty. You have stood by me throughout the senseless hurts and wretched defeats.
You never gave up on me. You never thought of me as a weakling. You helped, guided, masterminded... You, yes, You did it. For me. Who am I to deserve this uncalled for mercy? I am not worthy.
But I promise You one thing. Just one thing. My Love. I give You my heart. I give You my everything. Loving you has never been this easy. Please be gentle with it, it's been hurt, broken, trampled upon and cruelly used more than need be mentioned... But I guess, You don't really need me to remind You that. You have already seen the wounds and covered them with your unceasing love. May I be an able witness of Your unending glory in my lyf. Yes, that's all I promise you. I, me, myself.

You make all things true...

No comments: